Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Half-marathon race result

Just kidding. I hurt my foot in the last week and a half leading into the race and haven't been able to walk on it very well until today. I could hardly even bike on it actually. So I stopped running for a week now and obviously dropped the race. A little upset but it happens. No use over-doing it now, for a very unimportant race.

Instead of run training I've started getting back into pool shape. I don't have a whole lot of swimming knowledge so for the time being I'm working on getting myself up to a reasonable amount of volume (say, ~10-15km/week?). I will be joining the Western Triathlon Club again for swim practices and hopefully I will be able to stay consistent with it.

At the moment I'm trying to decide when to get started with real base training for each sport which is hard when I don't really have any specific races planned. I think I'm going to have to go pretty hard all winter in the pool, take a little break in the spring and get back at it for race season. Bike training went fairly well this year but I will have to adjust the timing since I will be tri-sporting all year. What I'm really trying to decide right now is if I give my foot a bit of time to heal and seriously go for the 5k (maybe 10k?) at the end of October or not. If I do I can focus on running and swimming until November, take a break and start it all over again around January which is where my bike training started this year.

Another thing I'll have to decide is what, if any, Tri Club races to do this year. There is a duathlon in the fall I could do for fun (I would seriously under-perform on the bike by then) as well as some indoor tris during the winter. I will certainly be thinking about the aquathlon in March though.

That's pretty much it I guess. Here, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47xbkT3calM

Adam "Today's Supernatural" Fortais

No comments:

Post a Comment