Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Multimedia explosion!

On Sunday I tried getting out into the water for a little open water swimming and wetsuit practice. I lasted about 10 minutes. I don't know much about water and stuff, but I've deemed 45 degrees (F) unpleasant and to be avoided if possible.

On Monday I decided it was high time to try my hand at the ole' 40km TT. It was windy with a fair number of short, steep hills littered throughout the course (182m of elevation gain), but managed to hold 278W (-7 from my calculated ftp) and come in at 63:00. I've looked at other people's race reports online for 40km TTs and they seem to go much faster than me at lower wattages. I have bad wheels, but a fairly decent bike, and I believe a pretty good aero position. What gives?! Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with my result and it's in the ballpark of what I expected, but is there some sort of free speed to be had somewhere? I want it. I am currently looking into a disc wheel cover. Perhaps that will help.

I've dumped a couple pictures from the TAG TT below, as well as some video evidence of my swimming misadventure. Enjoy!

Adam "instagram" Fortais






2 comments: