Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Accumulated knowledge from a successful season #2: Cycling face-palm

In my time off I am slowly putting together my training plan for next year. In essence I am scheduling out the macro cycles of the plan. In looking forward it's helpful to look back, and since I really need work on my cycling that is where I am starting. As I've been complaining a lot about losing power through the summer, this is the number one thing I'm trying to avoid next year. Initially I attributed this to halting strength training, and this is true... in a broad sense. More specifically I've noticed a glaring fault. I basically lost all VO2max intervals after May. Pretty much all but... five workouts were threshold workouts. This would certainly explain why my lower intensity riding kept increasing but everything above threshold kept dropping. Amateur mistake! Back in the day none of my workouts included intervals longer than 5 minutes, now I have gone in the complete opposite direction. This just makes me more excited to start training again.

Adam "Oops" Fortais

No comments:

Post a Comment