Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Getting nervous...

One week to go before AG Nationals in Toronto. I'm trying to peak right now and I'm getting a little worried. I gave myself 2.5 weeks to peak... The first week off I felt pretty good, but lately I've been feeling like garbage. This morning I went for a short 8km run. At 4km I decided I wanted to touch race pace for about 5 minutes, for fun mostly... I don't know if I was dehydrated, tired, or what but I started getting a little dizzy and well, it just wasn't there. I shuffled home.

From the end of my bike block onwards my riding has seemed to have gotten worse as well. I'm just not putting out the power. I haven't lost any weight, but it's just not there.

I've been more tired than usual over the last little bit as well. And very irritable. Muscles aching in ways they hadn't before.

I shouldn't be "testing" myself during these 2-3 weeks, and especially not now. I just have to trust all engines will come back and be firing better than ever by next Sunday.

To reassure myself I've been reading articles.

http://www.triathlontrainingarticles.com/Taper.html

This sounds familiar. I'm not doing Ironman-type volume, so hopefully my progression will be a bit quicker. I think I'll just go for an easy swim tomorrow.

Adam "Taper" Fortais

No comments:

Post a Comment